Long-Term Care Attendant
Date posted: 9/20/2019
Closing date: 12/20/2019
Number of positions: 1
Location: Keremeos, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1284934
Date posted 08/15/2019
Job title :LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
Facility :S. SIMILKAMEEN HEALTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at the South Similkameen Health Centre (Orchard Haven) in Keremeos.
Orchard Haven was built in the year 2000 after much planning and hard work by many local residents. The Health Centre had been a dream for many years and it was only through the persistent efforts of these local residents that the Health Centre was finally built. It is a very unique Health Centre in that it has combined many health care services under one roof. Adjoining the Health Centre is a 38 bed Assisted Living unit including a specialized unit for Dementia Care.
The Health Centre services a population of approximately 5,000 people encompassing the communities of Keremeos, Cawston, Hedley, and Olalla. The closest acute care hospital is located in Penticton only 47 kilometers away.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Permanent Full Time position working rotating day, evening and night shifts. Shift times include 06:00 to 14:00, 07:00 to 15:13, 15:00 to 23:13, 23:00 to 07:13.
Typical duties include:
• Assist residents with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with resident mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany residents on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Apply today at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca Job ID# 1284934
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV please attach a copy of your certificate to your profile.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.