Parent Seed Summer Associate
Date posted: 10/3/2019
Closing date: 11/15/2019
Number of positions: 3
Location: Cranbrook, BC
Description / duties:
Your tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking highly motivated Parent Seed Summer Associate to join our successful team for the Summer of 2020. This position is a 4-month term. The positions will be based in the Cranbrook, BC area.
• From your first day as a Summer Student you will be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
• We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge.
• This is an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in agriculture to experience working with a world class hybrid canola parent seed production team.
• Work independently or with members of our team on project specific activities and season work priorities
• Assist Seed Technicians with all aspects of canola parent seed production such as field monitoring, roguing, drip irrigation, equipment operation, sampling, pollination activities, special projects and many others.
• Data collection and entry
• Being involved in community engagement projects and team building events
To apply please use the link below.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
• A current student pursuing an Associate’s (Diploma), Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree program, returning to school upon completion of the summer internship to continue program of study or begin an advanced degree in the fall
• Pursuing a program with a focus in Agriculture is preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Detail and results-orientation with the ability to work independently
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
• Strong motivational, organization, time management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work long hours as required.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Bayer Crop Science
160 Quarry Park Blvd. SE
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.