Community Health Worker
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 3
Location: Lillooet, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1290438
Date posted 08/22/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.01 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team in Lillooet. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This position is a 0.50 FTE position working days Friday through Tuesday, 07:00 to 13:00. Successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Lillooet home support is the place for you. Apply today!
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID 1290438
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.