Patient Care Aide
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 1
Location: Williams Lake, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1313044
Date posted 10/07/2019
Job title :PATIENT CARE AIDE
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.40 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Patient Care Aide to join our team on the combined medical/surgical unit at Cariboo Memorial Hospital in Williams Lake.
The Cariboo Memorial Hospital & Health Centre is a Level 2 Community Hospital in Williams Lake. The Hospital embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. With 28 inpatient beds, hospital offers ER, ICU, OR, med-surg, and obstetrical units. Lab and diagnostic imaging on site; outpatient hemodialysis unit operated on-site. Residential beds are embedded within med-surg unit on second floor of hospital.
As the Patient Care Aide you will work as a key team member of an interdisciplinary team that provides patient care within the hospital. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, Patient Care Aides follow established care plans and routines to deliver the best patient care possible.
Some typical duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with patient mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in patient progress, symptoms and condition
• Perform clerical duties and other related duties
This is a relief full time opportunity that will continue until the incumbent returns. Shifts are 08:00 to 12:00 on a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 4 days off.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID 1313044
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.