Long-Term Care Attendant
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 3
Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1193546
Date posted 11/30/2018
Job title :LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
Facility :QUEEN VICTORIA HOSPITAL
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Mount Cartier Court!
Mt. Cartier Court located in beautiful Revelstoke offers long-term living for individuals with complex health needs. Our mission is to offer the very best in care services, quality of life, and to respect each individual’s preferences. We offer a range of services provided by caring professionals in a home-like environment. We have a complement of health professionals including: occupational therapist, physiotherapist, pharmacist, dietician, diabetes educator, as well as excellent physician support. Nursing staff is on duty on a 24-hour basis.
We have 44 private rooms over three distinct wings or what we call “cottages.” Each cottage has a warmly decorated living room with comfortable seating, all have large new televisions, and two have pianos. The decorations throughout the cottages change with each holiday and new season. Our building is relatively new and very well kept. We opened our doors to the community in 2006.
With an acute care hospital adjacent to Mt. Cartier Court, individuals and families are assured that immediate medical needs can be attended to.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide cares and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RNs and LPNs, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each person in their care, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week.
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in individual’s behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is your opportunity to join a great team that really cares about the individuals in their care and about their community. Apply today!
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID 1193546
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.