Long-Term Care Attendant (Casual)
Date posted: 10/24/2019
Closing date: 12/24/2019
Number of positions: 1
Location: New Denver, BC
Description / duties:
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join the dedicated team at Slocan Community Health Centre!
The Slocan Community Health Centre (SCH), located in New Denver, is a residential facility attached to the 24/7 Emergency Unit and physicians' offices. Our resident-centred philosophy is designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible. The facility is one storey with six private rooms and 10 semi-private (double occupancy) rooms with stunning views of the mountains and lake.
Our Recreational Program Coordinator is on site 5 days/week as well as a Rehabilitation Assistant on site for walking, balance and strength classes. The Physiotherapist and occupational therapist see residents regularly as needed as well and we have a van on site for outings with the residents.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be on days, evenings or nights as needed.
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Apply here: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/new-denver/long-term-care-attendant/602/13476744
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV, please provide a copy of your certificate
New Denver, BC
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.