Date posted: 7/8/2019
Closing date: 10/31/2024
Number of positions: 1
Location: Invermere BC
Description / duties:
• Delivery Driver, with the assistance of helper(s), will unload appliances at customers’ homes and commercial builder sites, uncrate and set-in-place in the area requested by customer, and may perform basic hookup service
• Verify product condition and order accuracy during loading and unloading
• Be mindful and considerate to customer’s home and product
• Report any damage to product and/or customer’s home immediately
• Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, and regulation
• Participate and comply with all health and safety processes, initiatives and training to ensure a safe workplace
• Provide excellent customer service throughout the delivery and setup process
• Complete other assigned tasks as required; when not on delivery you will be helping with freight and merchandising in the Kitchen, Flooring & Appliance department.
• Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License
• Delivery/Install experience preferred
• Clean Abstract
• Experience and knowledge of vehicle inspections and BC road regulations
• Ability to lift/climb/bend/stoop/reach and move heavy items and large appliances
• Ability to use hand tools to complete basic appliance install and removal
• Communicate with internal and external contacts with tact, courtesy and respect
Invermere Home Hardware Building Centre requires a Delivery Driver for the Invermere, Canal Flats, Golden and surrounding areas. The candidate will drive a cube van ranging from 3/4 ton to 5 ton, Class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract, no air brake endorsement required. The driver will be the crew lead and is responsible for the safe and compliant operation of the truck as well as getting the product to the customer on schedule and in original shipping condition. This is a Physically Demanding job!
Invermere Home Hardware Building Centre
9980 Arrow Road, PO Box 40, Invermere BC
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.