Community Health Worker
Date posted: 9/16/2019
Closing date: 12/16/2019
Number of positions: 1
Location: Castlegar, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1289405
Date posted 08/26/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :CASTLEGAR HOME SUPPORT
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.55 FTE)
Castlegar Home Support is seeking a Community Health Worker to join their team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and has a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Permanent Part Time opportunity working rotating days (07:00 to 11:30 or 13:00 to 17:30).
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ houses, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage. If you are looking for the opportunity to work regular hours with a fun, supportive and progressive team, apply today!
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID# 1289405
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV or resume please upload a copy of your Health Care Aide certificate.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.