Date posted: 9/16/2019
Closing date: 11/30/2019
Number of positions: 3
Location: Kamloops, BC
Description / duties:
As a Recreation Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Participating in the development and revision of departmental procedures and programs under the guidance of the Team Leader.
• Setting up the activity area as necessary and assisting in transporting residents to and from programs, if required.
• Assisting in monitoring the residents' interests, needs and progress.
• Maintaining program and resident records according to departmental policies. Regularly reports participation and feedback by residents to the Team Leader.
• Promoting social interaction among residents by assuming leadership of assigned activities or special events, assists new residents with orientation to the building and to the recreation program, and introduces them to the others within the residence and promoting conversation and social interaction among residents.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Diploma or Certificate in recreation/leisure studies or equivalent.
• Experience in working with seniors including an understanding of motivation concepts with seniors.
• Understanding of leisure principles.
• Computer proficiency.
• Valid drivers license and or Class 4 drivers license
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
920 Desmond Street, Kamloops
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.