Community Health Worker
Date posted: 9/16/2019
Closing date: 12/16/2019
Number of positions: 3
Location: Trail, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1309453
Date posted 09/16/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :KIRO WELLNESS CENTRE
We are currently seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in Trail home support at Kiro Wellness Centre. Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
We are seeking casual employees to join our team (casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week). At this time there are plenty of hours available and a successful applicant would likely have the benefit of being offered up to full time hours. You would also have the opportunity to apply for internal permanent positions as well as positions at other nearby Interior Health sites.
Community health services are provided in the community between the hours of 07:00 and 23:00, seven days per week, so shifts will fall within those hours. We have a great need for availability during evenings and weekends at this time (so plan to spend your days on the slopes at Red Mountain and your evenings and weekends enriching the lives of your clients – doesn’t get much better than that!).
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Kiro Wellness Centre is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.