Community Health Worker
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 3
Location: Clearwater, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1293649
Date posted 08/09/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :DR. HELMCKEN MEM HOSPITAL
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team with Clearwater Home Support.
Located in the heart of British Columbia and Wells Gray Country. Clearwater BC is the gateway to Wells Gray Provincial Park and is surrounded by the Trophy Mountains, Raft Peak, Grizzly Peak and Dunn Peak, this rural community is the place for all seasons. Click here to be inspired!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Hours of services range from 07:00 – 22:00 split into day and evening shifts, including weekdays and weekends.
This position requires a valid BC drivers license and a reliable vehicle as we visit clients in their homes in Clearwater, Little Fort, Vavenby, and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in the opportunity to build a strong connection with your clients while working with a great supportive team, apply today!
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID# 1293649
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.