Community Health Worker
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 3
Location: Lytton, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1233740
Date posted 03/12/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :ST. BARTHOLOMEWS HOSPITAL
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Lytton Home Support!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Services are provided 7 days a week in the community so you may be called in any day of the week (as a casual, there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week). Hours of service are 07:00 to 22:00.
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ homes, we reimburse your mileage (note: only travel to clients’ homes will be reimbursed, not travel to Lytton for work).
If you are looking for the opportunity to work guaranteed paid hours in a beautiful rural setting, apply today!
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID 1233740
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.