Community Health Worker
Date posted: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 1/10/2020
Number of positions: 3
Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Job ID 1232174
Date posted 03/05/2019
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :QUEEN VICTORIA HOSPITAL
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Revelstoke Home Support.
Nestled between the spectacular Selkirk and Monashee Mountains on the mighty Columbia River, you will find the Gateway to Mountain Adventure and National Parks - Revelstoke. This city offers unique opportunities for both visitors and residents - untouched natural beauty offering year round adventures with a legacy of heritage buildings that lend character and quaintness to the town. Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, caving, canoeing, snowmobiling and the best backcountry skiing anywhere are only some of the benefits offered. The rest you will have to check out for yourself.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Hours of service in the community are 07:00 to 22:00 so you may be called for shifts anytime between these hours and we are particularly seeking candidates who are flexible, available to work evenings and weekends as well as short calls and the occasional split shift.
If you are interested in the opportunity to build a strong connection with your clients while working with a great supportive team, apply today!
Apply online at Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca using Job ID 1232174
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate*
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.