Community Outreach Worker (Posting # 19-203)
Date posted: 10/18/2019
Closing date: 11/18/2019
Number of positions: 1
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Description / duties:
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? The Chilliwack Society for Community Living (CSCL) provides support and services to people with varying abilities, which enhance quality of life and promote diversity and inclusion within the community. CSCL offers more than a job.
Located in Chilliwack, BC, in the sunny Fraser Valley, an hour outside of Vancouver, CSCL has been serving the community since 1954 and employ more than 300 people. Come work and live in Chilliwack where you can enjoy affordable housing, minimal traffic, and spectacular mountain views.
CSCL is a rapidly growing organization, with a positive work environment and generous benefits (If you have been employed by a CSSEA member employer, you may be eligible for porting of wage and vacation).
CSCL values caring and dedicated employees; if this describes you, we welcome your application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary function of this position is to provide meaningful, personalized support to individuals in their own residences in the community. The successful applicant will be supporting individuals in the community with life skills, recreation and socialization. Use of own vehicle will be required for this position.
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
(40 hours per week.)
This position is temporary until 4/30/2020, or upon return of incumbent.
As per Community Social Services Collective Agreement ($19.45 - $22.65 per hour).
Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, as well as participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, when eligible.
This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
How to Apply:
To be considered for an interview, complete an online CSCL Employment Application, and submit a copy of a valid Class 5 or 4 BC driver’s license.
Our online application is available on the CSCL website:
Please quote posting number 19-203 on the application.
The other pre-hire documentation that is required may be submitted either before or after an interview.
Please be aware that the function to attach pre-hire documents to the online application has not been implemented.
Submit pre-hire documents either by:
In Person: 9353 Mary Street Chilliwack, BC V2P 4G9
RESUMES ALONE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Extreme flexibility required for this position.
• Experience and knowledge around mental health and addictions an asset.
• Must have previous experience and/or relevant education in working with people with developmental disabilities in a community setting.
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the goals of the Independent Living Service and be able to identify ways in which these can be fostered in working with individuals with developmental disabilities in community-based settings.
• Must be able to demonstrate a sound philosophical understanding of the principles of social role normalization and integration.
• A positive and pleasant work attitude and the abilities to participate as an active team member, communicate effectively with parents, advocates, individuals, and co-workers are essential.
• Must be prepared to be flexible, work varying shifts.
• Proficient in the use of computer including use of Gmail & Microsoft Office.
• Must have CPI training.
• Must meet all other CSCL hiring requirements (First Aid, Medical Certificate etc.)
Class IV needed for this position, as applicant must drive modified van.
Chilliwack Society for Community Living
9353 Mary Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4G9
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.